Breaking Kingston LONDON

Detectives have made a second arrest as part of a murder investigation following a fatal stabbing in Kingston

Police were called to Surbiton Road at 7.07pm on Wednesday, 15 December following reports of a stabbing.

Officers attended with London Ambulance Service paramedics and found a 32-year-old man with stab wounds. Despite the best efforts of the emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

While formal identification awaits, he has been named as Farhad Joseph Khalili, who lived in Richmond upon Thames.

Farhad’s next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.

An investigation was launched immediately and enquiries led to the arrest of a 27-year-old man nearby on suspicion of murder.

This afternoon a teenage boy was arrested on suspicion of murder at an address in the Kingston Upon Thames area.

Both remain in custody at separate south London police stations.

Detective Chief Inspector Jim Eastwood, from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “This incident has left another family facing a future without a loved one due to senseless violence. It is an unimaginable loss and my thoughts are with them.

“Swift investigative actions, in this case, have led to two arrests and that is a positive development. However we are still in the very early stages of establishing exactly what happened on Wednesday evening.

“The public’s help could be crucial in being able to confirm the sequence of events. I would urge anyone who either witnessed the attack or has other information about what took place, to speak to us.

“The information they provide could help us to bring the person or people responsible to justice.”

Chief Superintendent Lis Chapple, head of policing for Kingston Upon Thames said: “People can expect to see an enhanced police presence in the area as we work to support our colleagues as they investigate this tragic incident. Our thoughts are of course with the family of the victim at this incredibly sad time.

“Understandably it has caused considerable concern in the community. I urge anyone who may have information that could help us to speak to the officers they see, or make contact with us via 101, Twitter or Crimestoppers.

“A man has lost his life and its imperative that the police and community work together to bring those responsible to justice.”

Anyone with information who has not already spoken to the police should call 101 or tweet @MetCC, giving the reference 6557/15DEC.

Information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.