Breaking Kent Maidstone

Kent Fire and Rescue Service is reminding the public to ensure smoking materials are fully extinguished before disposal following a rubbish fire in Maidstone

 Two fire engines were sent to the incident on Hubert Walter Drive, and crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. No casualties were reported, and the fire is believed to have started due to a discarded cigarette. Following the incident, firefighters are reminding the public to avoid throwing or discarding of cigarettes or matches outside, and to ensure any smoking materials are always fully out before disposing of them carefully.